A while back I was nominated by two people – Ami from Undercover Superhero and Delta from The Dead Books which I’m so grateful for! Ami has a fantastic blog focused around living with disabilities and raising awareness, and I was fortunate enough to be able to guest post for her in the past on living with chronic migraine. Delta writes some brilliant posts on her blog focused around zombies and other creepy things, inspired by her love of the zombie genre. Go check both of them out!
What Is The Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.– Okoto Enigma
The Mystery Blogger Award Rules
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Do you have a hidden talent/party trick?
I can make money vanish before your very eyes! Ha, I don’t have any legit party tricks though… I’m pretty dull in that respect!
What was your favourite video/PC game growing up?
Pokémon Crystal on the Game Boy Colour and it still is my favourite game! I’ve played it so many times that I can still recite the entire storyline, where each Pokémon can be found and even some of the writing…
What would you say is your weirdest habit?
I get super excited whenever I see a cool bug and have to stop and take a photo of it, regardless of the situation!
Willy Wonka/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – out of the 5 kids, which one are you and why?
So I had to look the characters up on SparkNotes because it’s been years since I’ve read it… I’m definitely not Charlie after reading ” refuses to ever take an extra portion of food”! I’m probably going to say Violet because I too get super competitive (even if it leads to me turning into a giant blueberry).
Who is your celebrity crush?
I don’t have one!
You have to give up music or films for the rest of your life, what do you choose?
This is really hard – if I give up films then I lose one of my freelancing roles, plus I’m super passionate about cinema, yet if I give up music then that makes dancing difficult… I think I’d have to give up music, because I can hear it in my head at least. Film means too much to me.
What was your favourite book as a child?
The Railway Cat by Phyllis Arkle, which I absolutely adored.
Where would you hide out if there was a zombie apocalypse?
Knowing my luck I’d probably be dead before I’d even realised what was going on, but I think I’d gravitate to somewhere in the wilderness as I reckon I’d stand a better chance of survival out there.
If you could have a superpower what would it be?
To stop time like in Bernard’s Watch – you could do so much with that!
What is your favourite takeaway?
Ooooh, I think Thai! Or if not then Indian or Chinese.
Three Things About Me
It took a while to think of these as I’m running out of facts! Here goes:
- I’m currently learning Spanish so I can move to Fuerteventura in the future – I wouldn’t say it’s going really well, but hablo un poco de español at least!
- I’m currently on a dairy-free journey to see how it affects my chronic migraines. Since cutting it out I’ve had fewer migraines and headaches and actually felt a bit healthier within myself.
- I’m obsessed with trinkets and my house is full of all sorts of weird things – mostly items I’ve picked up whilst travelling or strange curios that I’ve come across in charity shops. It’s an eclectic mix of African, Indian, Pagan, Japanese, and comic book influences!
- What’s your favourite travel-based memory? (National or international)
- There’s some sort of weird apocalypse and you can only save three species of animal (like Noah I guess, but less successful). Which three do you choose?
- What song resonates with you for the lyrics and why?
- What’s the very first thing you remember from your childhood? How old were you?
- If you could stop time for a day, what would you do?
My Favourite Posts
Books – Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano
Travel – Lanzarote Sur & Timanfaya
If you enjoyed this post then don’t forget to like, pin and leave a comment! You can check out some other awards I’ve been nominated for here: